UK Care for Children was established in 2008 to help mitigate the effects of conflict and poverty for the most vulnerable in Lebanon. Since then, we have expanded to work in Jordan and the West Bank helping refugees and others in need.
Our programmes are designed to serve refugee children and their families in the fields of Children’s Welfare, Development Aid, Refugee Relief and Seasonal Humanitarian Aid.
Our mission is to create pathways of opportunity for children and their families to overcome the obstacles they face. To do so, we focus on:
- Working in partnership with local organisations to alleviate poverty
- Building the capacity and skillsets of local people to create stronger communities
- Providing humanitarian relief to victims of conflict
- Improving the quality of life in deprived communities through our education, health and social development projects
- Ensuring a secure life for orphaned and disadvantaged children
HOW WE WORK
UK Care for Children works by utilising the expertise of our local field offices to design and implement effective and appropriate aid programmes.
We work by being sensitive to the context on the ground and with a focus on multi-dimensional aid that benefits individuals and society.
A beautiful tradition being taught to us by the loving hands of Omm Ali. Omm Ali is one of several…
This Ramadan the people of Lebanon are facing the ongoing Pandemic and a worsening economic crisis. Local mosques are hubs…
Age brings new struggles for refugees living in Lebanon. Declining health, fewer economic opportunities, increased costs for food and even…
The price of food has risen almost 6x since 2019. The economic crisis in Lebanon has left much of the…
UK Care for Children wishes you Ramadan Mubarak! We hope this month is one of peace, blessings and betterment, inshAllah.…