UK Care for Children was established in 2008 to help mitigate the effects of conflict and poverty for the most vulnerable in Lebanon. Since then, we have expanded to work in Jordan and the West Bank helping refugees and others in need.
Our programmes are designed to serve refugee children and their families in the fields of Children’s Welfare, Development Aid, Refugee Relief and Seasonal Humanitarian Aid.
Our mission is to create pathways of opportunity for children and their families to overcome the obstacles they face. To do so, we focus on:
- Working in partnership with local organisations to alleviate poverty
- Building the capacity and skillsets of local people to create stronger communities
- Providing humanitarian relief to victims of conflict
- Improving the quality of life in deprived communities through our education, health and social development projects
- Ensuring a secure life for orphaned and disadvantaged children
HOW WE WORK
UK Care for Children works by utilising the expertise of our local field offices to design and implement effective and appropriate aid programmes.
We work by being sensitive to the context on the ground and with a focus on multi-dimensional aid that benefits individuals and society.
Wael is an elderly disabled man, who lives with his three young children and wife in Borj Al Shmali camp…
Zakat can be paid to specific individuals or groups who fall into one or more of eight zakatable categories spelled…
There are numerous Hadiths where companions explained the Prophets actions with regards to Zakat. For example one such Hadith is:…
Zakat is a dutiful act prescribed by Allah on wealthy Muslims, who have reached the nisab threshold. It is an…
Zakat is a core pillar of our faith and helps us to grow closer to Allah (SWT). Giving your Zakat…